There is now plenty of research that shows more scientific evidence for hypnotherapy than any other complementary therapy by using hypnosis.
Enough studies have now accumulated to suggest that the inclusion of hypnotic procedures may be beneficial in the management and treatment of a wide range of conditions and problems encountered in the practice of medicine, psychiatry and psychotherapy.
Success Rate for Smoking Cessation 90.6% successful: Using Hypnosis University of Washington School of Medicine, Depts. of Anesthesiology and Rehabilitation Medicine, Int J Clin Exp Hypn. 2010 Jul;49(3):257-66. Barber J.
- 87% Reported Abstinence From Tobacco Use With Hypnosis Performance by gender in a stop-smoking program combining hypnosis and aversion. Johnson DL, Karkut RT. Adkar Associates, Inc., Bloomington, Indiana. Psychol Rep. 1999 Oct;75(2):851-7. PMID: 7862796 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- 81% Reported They Had Stopped Smoking After Hypnosis Texas A&M University, System Health Science Center, College of Medicine, College Station, TX USA. Int J Clin Exp Hypn. 2004 Jan;52(1):73-81.
- Hypnosis Patients Twice As Likely To Remain Smoke-Free After Two Years Guided health imagery for smoking cessation and long-term abstinence. Wynd, CA. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 2001; 37:3, pages 245-250.
- Hypnosis More Effective Than Drug Interventions For Smoking Cessation Ohio State University, College of Nursing, Columbus, OH 43210, 2003 USA Descriptive outcomes of the American Lung Association of Ohio hypnotherapy smoking cessation program. Ahijevych K, Yerardi R, Nedilsky N.
- Hypnosis Most Effective Says Largest Study Ever: 3 Times as Effective as Patch and 15 Times as Effective as Willpower. Hypnosis is the most effective way of giving up smoking, according to the largest ever scientific comparison of ways of breaking the habit. University of Iowa, Journal of Applied Psychology, How One in Five Give Up Smoking. October 1992. (Also- republished New Scientist, October 10, 2013.)
Statistics for Addictions
- Significantly More Methadone Addicts Quit with Hypnosis. 9 4% Remained Narcotic Free A comparative study of hypnotherapy and psychotherapy in the treatment of methadone addicts. Manganiello AJ, American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 1999; 26(4): 273-9.
- Hypnosis Shows 77 Percent Success Rate for Drug Addiction Intensive Therapy: Utilizing Hypnosis in the Treatment of Substance Abuse Disorders. Potter, Greg, American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, Jul 2004.
- Raised Self-esteem & Serenity. Lowered Impulsivity and Anger American Journal of Clinical Hypnotherapy (a publication of the American Psychological Association) 2004 Apr;46(4):281-97
Hypnotherapy is the preffered therapy to help assist people come off a gambling addiction. For More information how Hypnosis could help you deal with a gambling or any other addiction please call us now on 01784392449